Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 6/7/8

Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy relaxing! We've really just been hanging out a lot and catching up, but we also went wine tasting on Thursday and Saturday. It was my first time going and it was pretty awesome. The first place we went was Castoro Cellars. The guy there helped me learn what to do and said it doesn't matter what other people say, just like the wine that I want to like. The wine there was fantastic! After that we went to another tasting, which wasn't so great because the guy there kind of just poured and didn't really sell us anything about the wine. The next place we went to was Tablas Creek. The pourer there told us all about the wines and what she liked and was really personal with us. The wine there was mostly very good too. Then yesterday, we went tasting again. We started at Andrea and Kevin's favorite place call Fratelli Perata. They were nervous it wouldn't live up to all of the hype, but I fell in love immediately. The wine there just tasted so...Italian. Andrea and I do take time when we go shopping for wine at home and have particular Italian wines we like, but these reminded me of them yet were a million times better. I just wanted to cook an amazing Italian meal and eat it with the wine. So, that's what we did when we got home. I made some homemade sauce, chicken parm and garlic bread so we could have a feast with the wine! Before that though, we did two more tastings. One wasn't so great but the last one was at Niner and we had wine and cheese pairings. Delicious! We bought some wine...and some cheese.

I know, this is kind of out of order, I just wanted to keep all of the wine together. We walked around on Thursday night at the street fair in downtown SLO which reminded me of when West Chester closes Gay street and all of the restaurants have stands where you can buy their food. It was really cute. Then Friday, we helped Kevin do things for his studio that he is getting to teach private lessons. We bought and transported an area rug and went with him to pick up a piano. We went out for sushi that night and then just hung out at home.

It's been nice to relax. It really is insane how different the weather is in SLO even compared to the neighboring towns in California. We have some more things planned for the next few days, then on to Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment