Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 5

The final day of traveling! When we got to Scipio last night, I couldn't believe how amazing the stars looked. I guess it was the combination of being up so high and not having any light pollution. We checked into our hotel, and the guy working at the front desk was like a clone of our landlord...weird.

Again, we had a day of mostly driving. We drove through Utah, a little bit through some winding roads in Arizona then got to Nevada. We stopped quick for my first In-N-Out burger experience then got back on the road. Then we had a few...incidents in California...

First, there were scary windmills everywhere! Then, we got off of the main highway and had to drive through Bakersfield. Not so pretty and definitely sketchy. Then we had to take this winding road though the mountains. There was no guard rail. There was no life existing on the road. We eventually saw some cows, one that Andrea thought was a jaguar. We really thought we might not make it. I attempted to take pictures and just told Andrea to keep driving and not to look down. We finally found civilization and made it to Andrea's brother's (Kevin) house. We all just relaxed and talked but now, its time for bed.

Now that I made it here in one piece, my days will be filled with relaxing, hanging out and going to wineries. Let the vacation part begin! And notice how beautiful the weather will be in my pictures...I would definitely rather be here than on the east coast.

1 comment: